Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

So...Potty Training Success!

Potty training has to be one of my least fun things to do...like ever...but it's just one of those things that has to be done.
Because it's not something I have much fun doing I don't initiate it, I wait for the child in question to want to do it...for me this is just the easier way than weeks and months of accidents and running backwards and forwards to the loo.


A few weeks ago Evie asked not to wear a nappy, by day 3 there were no accidents and I thought we had it waxed, I was jubilant!
We sang and danced, stuck stickers and bought girly panties
And then she just stopped...going on the toilet that is.
I gave it a week, but my blood pressure was starting to boil.  Instead of getting better it just got progressively worse!  The more I asked if she needed the toilet, the more she would say no - while she was going in her pants!  Who knows what her thoughts were but it felt like it was on purpose and I was not amused!
So I just stopped.
The nappies came back out and we went on our merry way and just left it.

Until a week ago I caught her needing the loo and plopped her on it and after the success she asked again not to have a nappy.  So we gave it another go, and a star chart and the promise of going to the toy shop to choose her own toy.

And she did it!  A week later we are still going strong and I'm so proud of my baby girl!

So off we went to the toy shop, where she stomped in demanding her doll...and then needed the toilet and nearly panicked!  After explaining we could come back after she'd been to the toilet she toddled off with me happily and we were back shortly.  She picked up the first doll that caught her eye, declared it hers, and no amount of persuasion to consider other dolls was successful

So we'd like to introduce the newest member of our family, Poor Mimi  (don't ask lol)

Who dat?
Poor Mimi!!!

Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment